Monday, June 16, 2014

All the Colors of the Rainbow

I guess my brain is still in whirlwind mode, lol!  I completely forgot to tell you about the rainbow from Thursday night!  We ended up with some rain Thursday evening at feeding time (luckily we had gotten all but one of the bags of horse feed that we were unloading into the shed before the rain started and got that one in pretty quickly).  As the rain was moving in and then during the rain I kept commenting on how gorgeous the light was despite the weather.  So, I guess it shouldn't have been surprising that a rainbow (a double) graced us with its presence.

Double Rainbow
 Above is about the brightest that the double rainbow ever got.  With how high up in the sky it was, it's a wonder that it showed up enough to even be captured here.

I kept moving further and further back in the field to try to get the whole rainbow in one picture but I do believe that the rainbow kept getting bigger!  Anyways, I finally took multiple shots of different parts of the rainbow and created a panoramic image in photoshop by combining those images.

Panorama of a rainbow
This last image isn't of the rainbow but certainly shows the gorgeous light (more pictures to edit from this night remain!).

Sunset after the rain


No comments: