Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fun In the Park



Catching up on blogging!  It's been a busy week with Seanna's dance classes, so I've gotten behind on stuff that requires me to be at the computer.

Last Friday, the girls and I went up to the park for a picnic.  I'd been promising Seanna a picnic all week, so when the weather cooperated, we headed up there (even if it was a bit warm for my preferences).  This is the first time this year that we've been up to the park; usually we just play outside at home, so park days are a special treat.  For the girls, this was 2 weeks in a row of special treats since their Aunt Carol took them the week before.



Seanna, of course, had to climb, run, jump, and play.


Cayleigh was pretty happy with climbing up the slide.

Mom's take the time out to spend with your kids when they're little.  Careers and other goals will always be there, but your kids are only little once.  Things like going to the park are so easy to put off (believe me, I know) but they take so little time and bring so much joy to your kids.



Cayleigh decided that her lunch wasn't as fun as stealing mommy's sandwich and then taking it with her to the swing, lol!


Seanna was thrilled with her picnic ... of course she'd been wanting one for a while.  The picnic even won out over playing; that doesn't happen very often!


She did find the time, however, to be the cool big sister who pushed her sister in the swing.


And demanded that mommy get in the other swing as well (it's hard to shoot a picture when you're moving, lol!)




I don't know what the future holds for my kids but I'm glad that we're creating these memories right now for them to look back on when they're older.

No comments: