Thursday, January 8, 2015

Beginning of the Year and Looking Back on Changes Since Life Has Gotten Busier

Wow! Life has been busy this fall and winter!  In keeping up with the rush, blogging has taken a backseat to everything else.

So, back in July I mentioned that there were some exciting changes coming up with my husband's law firm, but then I never got back to telling you guys all about it.  So, here goes ... As most of you probably know, my husband left the firm that he had been at in order to open his own, small law practice near where we live in March 2014.  Fast-forward to July 2014, and Russell received an offer to purchase the firm that he had left (the managing partner received a federal judicial position).  Russell and the firm's owners reached an agreement and, as of August 1, 2014, he went from owning a small, rural law office to a larger firm with 3 offices in 3 different cities.  Needless to say, that change meant a move for me back to full-time work rather than primarily being a stay at home mom.

Also since I blogged much back in the summer, we found out that we are expecting our 3rd child, a little boy!  All these changes mean that life is and will continue to be very busy, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

In light of being back to full-time legal work, I have scaled back the portraits and weddings section of my photography business.  Something had to give and I wasn't about to sacrifice time with my family.  I'm still accepting sessions/weddings, but I'm not really advertising right now.  What that means is that I mostly am just shooting for existing clients as they have new photography needs, but, you know what?  That's fine because it allows me to keep a foot in the door while also not feeling guilty about taking time away from what's truly important.  I have put a renewed focus on my photography artwork, because that is where my heart truly is with my photography and what keeps me inspired to be able to produce the best work possible for my clients.  My projects are posted on my website, so be sure to check over there on a regular basis for updates!

No comments: